Friday, February 25, 2005

too much time on hands...

I must have too much time on my hands to do this...heeheehee


I created my name with my knitting needles on the front of this sweater just for the fun of it.
I knit this sweater about 20 years ago! I got the raw fleece from local sheep farmer, washed the fleece, carded the wool, spun the wool, met Elizabeth Zimmerman, knit the sweater from the Knitter's Worshop book. If you notice the detail in the yoke...it is a piano keyboard.
My DH is a piano technician and I knit it for him.

3 comments:

--Deb said...

That's adorable! I never thought of trying to write my/our name in knitting needles,and yet, it looks so nifty! Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love the piano keys sweater. What a clever idea.

Kate said...

That is so clever! I will have to try a big "K" with my straight needles! ;<)

knitdamsel